We promote psychological safety and active resilience.
We believe in equipping staff with knowledge, skills, and experience before they head into high-risk environments. Since 2008, Headington Institute has provided the most rigorous standard of psychological oversight and care for Hostile Environment Awareness Training (H.E.A.T.) participants working in high-stress environments.
Our active-support model follows the principles of high–fidelity stress exposure training and has been empirically shown to be the best method for teaching the preparedness and skills needed to operate in high–intensity situations. We work closely with your site experts, security team, and role players to evaluate every training scenario for both safety and effectiveness.
We take responsibility for the psychological well-being of your team. When on site, our clinicians will:
- Conduct proprietary and confidential pre-assessment tests screening participants for prior trauma experiences.
- Provide training on the causes, consequences, prevention, and treatment of traumatic stress incidents, as well as information on the most effective self-care and team-care strategies.
- Oversee all training scenarios and intervene when participants are at risk for psychological harm.
- Provide psychological group debriefing as needed. We are on-duty, around the clock.
Contact us to learn more.
We offer a custom set of tools and trainings to support your staff and leaders in high-stress situations.
“It is exciting to see participants navigate each facet of the H.E.A.T. training and even more exciting to see them actively build resilience before my eyes. The sense of mastery, growth, and empowerment displayed during these training sessions is profound to witness. As one participant told me, H.E.A.T. also helped him experience a renewed sense of purpose and life satisfaction.”
– Headington Institute Clinician